Everyone Was Born to Have a Relationship with God
The Bible says that every human being was created by God and was designed to have an ongoing relationship with him (Is the Bible is true?).
However that relationship in the beginning was broken when sin entered the world (sin = simply disobeying God, or it’s literal meaning is ‘miss the mark‘).
But because God’s love for us was so great, he devised another plan to win us back.
Here’s how you can turn your life around and have a beautiful relationship with your Creator and be certain you will be in heaven when you die.
1. Acknowledge in all humility, that you have sinned. Romans 3:23 says, “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” And in Jeremiah it reminds us that “The heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things, who can know it”. We really don’t know the condition of our own heart unless God shows us.
2. The penalty for our sin is death. “The wages of sin is death”, Romans 6:23 and in Ecclesiastes we are reminded of our fallen state, “For there is not a just man on earth who does good and does not sin”
3. But God’s plan to cancel our sin came when God released his son onto the earth and declared that the punishment for us (death) would be taken by him instead, thereby letting us off our punishment. Romans 5:8 explains this: “But God demonstrated his great love for us in this, that while we were still sinners, Christ sent his son to die for us”. Note: God didn’t wait until we cleaned ourselves up. That’s the whole point- we can’t clean ourselves up. But while we were still in the midst of our sinning, he came for us. What can you say to that, except thank you, thank you, thank you… and even that is woefully inadequate.
4. We must personally accept and receive the forgiveness that Jesus provides us. “But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God”. John 1:12
5. Jesus is the only way back to God. “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one can comes to the father except through me” John 14:6.
(This idea that Jesus is the only way is a bit upsetting to some. But that is because many other religions believe the way to heaven is gained by being a good person, by doing good things. But, is anyone a good person? Certainly not me! Every person who ever lived, and who will ever live, has sinned. If we don’t acknowledge that we are sinners, then Jesus Christ is utterly irrelevant and of no benefit to us because we have not acknowledged the problem he came to fix)
6. And following on from ‘receiving Christ’ we also must confess him and believe wholly what he’s done for you. “That if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” Romans 10:9. I love those last four words ‘you will be saved’. Many people aren’t sure whether they will go to heaven or not, but the Bible makes it very clear that you can be sure. It is God’s will that you be with him for eternity, and before you die that you have a godly impact on the people around you.
You can become a Christian right now and surrender your life to him today.
If you believe that the bible is true and the steps above are rational and you are feeling the pull of God on your heart, then can you think of any reason why you wouldn’t want to surrender your life to God today? This happened to me when I was 29-years-old. I owned a successful business and was making a lot of money, but there was something missing in my life. Read more about my story here.
I feel that if you have read this far, you are quite possibly wanting to make a change in your life that God also wants. Why don’t you kneel where you, or close your eyes, or whatever is appropriate for your setting and just say “God I want you! Please come and fill my heart with your love and presence. I don’t want my own life anymore. I want to turn my life over to you. Jesus, I have sinned against you and I now ask and receive your forgiveness. Cleanse me form all my sinful ways. Thank you Jesus for your great mercy on me. I love you and want to follow you for the rest of my life.
Now that you have done that. the Bible says …”it is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me.” That might me hard to get your head around, but it’s true, Jesus Christ, the creator of the universe and the redeemer of your life…He now lives in you!
If you decided to do this today, it will be the most wonderful day of your life, like it was for me. Make your life count from here on.
If you have made the decision to turn your life over to God today, I would love to pray for you. Please contact me below and I will respond. Alternatively, if you feel you are not quite there yet, I would also like to pray for you that the life that God planned for you would come to pass.