Career Counseling Services & Pricing
(For resume services and pricing, click here)
How Will Career Counseling Help Me?
Career counseling will help most people gain better insight into what motivates them and where they can gain increased satisfaction in their work-life.
The natural abilities you were born with and innately motivated to use will be considered and how these would be best used in future roles.
What I found most helpful was the discussion about my motivated abilities and how these had kept repeating themselves in previous jobs. I found this discussion process of impartial career evaluation quite useful and would recommend Simon to anyone looking for careers help.Cecilia
see more client comments
This self-discovery knowledge is important in relation to securing optimal work.
Perhaps for the first time in your life, you will begin to understand the type of work that will bring you real meaning, fulfillment, and satisfaction.
If you have experienced frustration in your career because of a bad job fit, career counseling can be beneficial in bringing clarity to future career decisions.
It can be an enlightening process for people who are not sure what job they would be best at or those who have been working in a job where they have become frustrated and disillusioned.
1. What Does a Career Counselor Do?
A career counselor can help if you:
- Are thinking about changing careers.
- Aren’t fulfilled or satisfied in your work but are unsure why this is.
- Have been made redundant and want to consider other employment or self-employment options.
- Have finished school or university but are unsure what work you would like to do.
2. What Will I Get Out of This?
The primary goal of career counseling is to help you understand yourself better in relation to the world of work.
And this includes looking at what your gifts and abilities are, what things you are most motivated towards in life and how these fit in with job possibilities.
It’s also about empowering you as a person to make the right choices and to encourage you to take action from the information you gain.
However, what a career counselor doesn’t do [or at least shouldn’t do] is to make decisions for you.
3. What Makes Me a Good Career Advice Counselor?
The short answer is that I love what I do and have a deep desire to see the maximum potential extracted from others.
I have worked within the career counseling profession for over ten years in Australia and New Zealand, both as self-employed and working for another organization and on government contracts.
I have a Diploma in Career Counseling and a Certificate in Vocational Assessment and many satisfied clients.
For more information about me, see my About Me page.
Face-to-face appointments are conducted at my home office in Nerang on the Gold Coast. Arrangements can also be made to meet in other locations.
Once your purchase is completed, you will provided a link to a career assessment booklet which can be completed prior to our first meeting, or after the meeting.
I will contact you to schedule the first meeting. Or if you prefer you can contact me on 0481 333 415
- 45-60 minute face-to-face (or Skype/Zoom) career consulting session to investigate what job types might suit you best
- Completion of career assessment instruments (usually one to three). You may complete the first one prior to our meeting (included in the price)
- A highly personalised Career Options Report outlining a range of possible career paths and recommended action steps
Everything in the Launch plan plus:
- A 45-minute consulting session to plan and execute in-depth research of the top 2 to 3 job possibilities before making your final decision
In The Zone Plan
Everything in Launch and Momentum plans plus:
Additional 3 × 45-minute one-on-one sessions (5 in total) addressing any, or all of the following areas:
- Best ways to identify and approach employers who could offer work in your new field
- Resume, Cover Letter and LinkedIn help
- Job interview practice (including video role-plays)
Includes: Eight-week 24/7 personal mobile phone access during your career/job search (Fair use policy applies. Eight week period commences from date of first meeting)
4 equal split payments is available after clicking PAY NOW.
If you have any questions prior to purchase, please call me on 0481 333 415 or contact me here.
Simon Davies Career Counselor Gold Coast