Are you looking for a job in the Brisbane and Gold Coast areas, Australia?
This information will help you get jobs faster in the Brisbane and Gold Coast areas, and more importantly, a job that you will enjoy a great deal more than if you simply follow the traditional job search methods.
As a professional who provides career change advice to people in Brisbane and Gold Coast, I can tell you that finding jobs in the Brisbane and Gold Coast area often takes longer than people expect.
On average globally, a person will take more than 12 weeks to find a job from the time they actively begin the job search.
And in an area like Brisbane and the Gold Coast, job search success can often take longer than the average.
So how do you increase your odds of finding a great job in the Brisbane and Gold Coast area?
Don’t Use Reactive Job Searching
Most people looking for a job in Brisbane and Gold Coast use what I call the reactive method, rather than the proactive method of job search.
What does this mean?
Simply that they complete their job search by primarily responding to job vacancies that are known or advertised in some way.
Yet we know that approximately 80% of all jobs gained, will be through what is known as the “hidden job market”.
The hidden job market is simply all the jobs that people successfully secure that are never advertised or marketed through conventional methods i.e. job agencies, Internet job search engines, local situations vacant columns, etc.
In fact, almost nobody knows about them.
And if you are a job seeker wanting the right Brisbane and Gold Coast job – a job that fits you better in regards to your inborn abilities and motivations, then you must tap into the hidden job market.
The first thing that will help you gain a job faster and in line with your natural inborn abilities is to have a solid and confident understanding of where your career strengths lie.
Enthusiasm Is The Key
When it comes to a job interview one of the most powerful draw cards that an applicant has, is to portray natural confidence and enthusiasm about the things they are good at.
Although most people have some idea what they are good at, most have not fleshed out precisely where they fit best and in what way their strengths can help an employer.
And that’s what ultimately what will win you a job, selling an employer the idea that what you love to do and are good at, is exactly the skills they need. This is where my free dream career finder and inborn job skills assessment comes in.
This assessment provides evidence of where your true inborn job skills lie. And evidence is what employers love to see.
Evidence that you can take with you to the job interview, so they get to see it.
Often a person completing the Dream Career Finder will discover that they have never really used their natural inborn job skills in a work situation before.
For many people, the results of this assessment can be life-transforming in regards to their work life.
What Do You Want from Your Job
– Brisbane and Gold Coast Job Search Tips
If you are looking for a job in the Brisbane and Gold Coast areas and want to:
- find a job that suits you well, one that you can feel a great deal of fulfillment and satisfaction in.
- find a Brisbane and Gold Coast job faster than normal.
- find a job that you will stay longer in because you enjoy it more.
- find a job in Brisbane and Gold Coast area that will usually pay more than jobs found using traditional job search methods. This is due to securing a good fit between the skills and abilities you offer and the skills and abilities required by the employer.
What I recommend:
- Complete the inborn job skills assessment on this site.
- Either use the results of that assessment to target your “best fit” jobs in the Brisbane and Gold Coast area on your own.
- Or make time to come and see me discuss the results and together we will devise a strategy for securing a job in Brisbane and Gold Coast area, utilizing the hidden job market strategies.
- Or you can work through the inborn job skills assessment verbally with me. This is the best method if you are in a hurry. See the Contact page.